On February 3rd 2018, “Happiness Concert” was held
at Bhutan Museum Fukui in the central part of Fukui City.
Kimuyan, a deaf and a miraculous guitarist who self-educated himself
how to play the guitar after losing his hearing performed in the concert.
One of the pieces he played was the Eagles’ “Hotel California”.
Everyone at the concert listened attentively to his amazing guitar works
and beautiful melody.
Profile of Kimuyan
- Kimuyan is originally from Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture.
- He lost his hearing when he was in early childhood and he lost interests in music.
- He became a fan of a musician, Tsuyoshi Nagabuchi and his interest in music came back.
- He appeared in TV shows, "24-hour television" and "Unbelievable".
- In 2009, "Bright Eyes" was made into a movie.
- In 2010, "Bight Eyes. Say thank you. " was published from a publishing company, Kodansha.
- In 2011, they have changed their members and the band name
- to "BRIGHT EYES super-duper". They perform live about 10 times a year even now.
- Since 2004, as he has become interested in playing the acoustic guitar,
- he has established a folk music band, "Kimura Brothers" and an instrumental duo band,
- "HAKKI" and they perform even today.
- As "Kimuyan", to learn a difficult skill, "Guitar solo" in which he plays melody, base, and
- accompanies at the same time, Kimura studied at Niibori Guitar Music Academy.
- He took a part in a band contest, "Live Energy 2011, in Nagoya"
- (held by Niibori Guitar Music Academy) and received the best guitarist award.
- Currently, he is an executive committee of an event cheering for welfare society,
- "Let's build the rainbow bridge in our hearts by music", and he also plays there regularly.
(Excerpted from the flyer for "Musication, Oasis, February 28th")
For “Happiness Concert”, no experience necessary.
Any level or style is welcome!
Date: The first Saturday of every month
Place: 2nd floor of Bhutan Museum Fukui
Address: 3-15-12 Ote
Fukui City, Fukui Prefecture